Cadasta has been included in fhi360’s Inventory of Digital Tech for Resilience in Asia-Pacific. The inventory contains more than 100 entries of technologies that are being used to enhance the resilience of individuals, families, communities, businesses, and/or governments.
Cadasta was selected for its innovative use of technology to document the relation between people and the land and resources they rely on. The Cadasta platform creates a digital record of land and resource rights that can help efforts to:
- Plan and deploy government services and infrastructure where they are needed most
- Inform, plan, and deliver urban resilience strategies for governments’ most at-risk citizens
- Identify potential conflicts over land and resources
- Prepare for and recover from disasters
- Certify sustainable farms and track sustainable farming production
- Identify landless families
- Incrementally establish evidence of rights – even in the absence of government support
By creating an accessible digital record of land, housing and resource rights, we help empower individuals, organizations, communities, and governments with the information they need to make data-driven decisions and put vulnerable communities and their needs on the map.