In early February we shared our initial release of the Cadasta Platform, developed by our contractor, SpatialDev. The main function of the initial release was to allow for some testing of functionality and to provide partners and other interested parties something they could react to and provide feedback on. During that time we have gotten great feedback from our partners, and have been able to incorporate their comments into our development cycle.
The result of some of these comments from partners as well as our own testing is our second release of the platform, with changes that include:
- Resources such as images can be uploaded directly from GeoODK/ODK
- Larger datasets can be uploaded and viewed more easily through dataset pagination
- The DigitalGlobe Maps API is available to provide worldwide imagery to all users
- Users can view adjoining boundaries when editing
- We fixed a bug in date formatting
- Additional sample data has been added to our demo Platform
Here at Cadasta we continue to request more feedback which we can incorporate into future release. Let us know what you think about the new modifications, and wait until you see our next quarterly release as we are preparing a major update. Over the past 6 months we’ve brought on a great technical team and have only recently hit full strength. I’m excited for all the great things coming up!
If you haven’t done so already, why not give our demo Platform a test run and provide us with your feedback via our Github repo, or if you aren’t familiar with Github then reach us at email@example.com.